2021 Kentucky Book Festival Plans are Underway
January 4, 2021: Submissions open
May 31, 2021: Deadline for submissions
June 15 – July 16, 2021 (rolling): Author invitations issued
July 30, 2021: Deadline for invited authors to confirm participation
November 5-7, 2021: Kentucky Book Festival (additional events TBA)
- Only ONE title can be submitted as the featured title; all other titles will be considered backlist.
- The submitted title should be published after July 1, 2019. (Typically, only books that have been published within the last year are accepted, but—for the 2021 event only—titles published earlier will be considered due to the 2020 pandemic.)
- Textbooks and other technical guides/manuals will not be considered.
- Submitted title must be in publication and available to order by September 30, 2021.
- Submitted materials cannot be returned and become property of Kentucky Humanities.